Kindergarten- Ms. Villegas-Yvillegas@bengamlakendall.org
* Please sign up for Remind101 just text the message @ymv12 to the number
Hello kindergarten students and parents. Welcome to our class website. Kindergarten is an exciting time as children embark upon new adventures. This is a year of important transitions, as well as one in which acquisition of new skills is accelerated. I hope to make your child’s learning experience a fun and exciting one, and I look forward to helping your child achieve his/her full potential this year.
May 11- Talent Show
May 12 – Israel Independence Day
May 12-19- Book Fair
** Every Wednesday and Friday we have an Ice Cream Sale for $1.00 after school * *
Please note: * Homework comes home every Monday and is returned on Friday(except when noted). * Please rip out the math pages from the practice book sent home and attach to homework packet! *Sight Word Test will be Fridays and students must be able to recognize the words.
Sight Words: study all sight words
IXL: 60 minutes per week (including weekend) *30 mins math/ 30 mins Language Arts*
Monday, May 8: Reading: Read or listen to a story and record on line below the name of the story. Practice sight words. Language Arts: Write spelling words 3 times each. Math: addition worksheet adding using pictures.
Tuesday, May 9: Reading: Read or listen to a story and record on line below the name of the story. Practice sight words. Language Arts: Write a sentence for 3 spelling words. Math: pgs. PFL1-2 (last page in book)
Wednesday, May 10: Reading: Read or listen to a story and record on line below the name of the story. Practice sight words. Read the story “Matt’s Bike” and answer the questions. Math: Domino addition sheet 4
Thursday, May 11: Reading: Read or listen to a story and record on line below the name of the story. Practice sight words. Read “My Pet Dog” and answer the questions. Language Arts: Spelling test tomorrow Math: Pgs. 5-6 attached
Friday, May 12: Sight Word Test is Monday, April 24th.
*** Forgot your math homework? Do not worry, just click on this homework link and you will be able to print it. Make you sure you go to the correct chapter and lesson. ***
How to complete your 30 hours
Chaperone at field trips
Lunch Duty (Come help out during lunch time)
Secret Reader of the Week (Come and read a book to the class. Please contact me for available times)
Classroom Help: Make copies, staple papers, sharpen pencils, help with bulletin boards, small groups, science labs, etc.
Help out with school-wide events.
Purchase an item for one of our upcoming class events. There will be a sign up available at time of event. Please provide receipt.
Help from home. If we have crafts that need to be made for an upcoming project and/or event, we will give you the supplies for you to create at home. Your time spent on these crafts will be counted.
Refer a child to our school. * This will give you the full 30 hours
Donate items to the class from the wishlist below.
** Every $10 donated = 1 volunteer hour. Include copy of receipt with your donation to complete your hours.**
Electric Pencil Sharpener
Magnetic letters and numbers
Art smocks (used or new)
Teacherspayteachers.com Gift Card (Click here)
Treasure Chest Toys
Paint for crafts
Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches (Available in Walmart, Amazon, etc.)
White Card Stock Paper
Colorful Assortment Card Stock Paper
Color Assorted Copy Paper
Expo Dry Erase Markers Assorted
Amazon Gift Cards
Dollar Store Gift Card
Get Smart Educational Superstore Gift Card
We are also in need of crayons, glue, and erasers.
* * Click on the link below and it will take you to the website. * *
* IXL (Each student has their username and password)
* Alphabet Soup (Great for practicing letter sounds)
* Storytime Online (Allows children to listen to stories being read)
* MightyBook (Animated books)
* PBS Kids
* Turtle Diary (Kinder activities: games, videos, stories, arts & crafts, worksheets, etc.)
* BrainPop Jr. (This site has some free educational videos. The Movie of the Week is always free)
* Cookie (This site is good to practice rhyming words, phonics, and reasoning and logical thinking. It has many fun interactive lessons in all subjects)
* Learning Planet (Practice putting letters in their correct alphabetical order)
* Keyboard Practice (This is a great website for kids to get practice typing on a keyboard).
* Grammar Ninja (Nouns and verbs)
* Nat Geo for Kids (Learn about geography and fascinating animals)